- Annual Membership Application
- Download Forms
- e-Pass and e-Travel
- Soccer Links
- MSA Event Planning
- Registrar FAQ's
- US Youth Soccer Workshop Presentations
- MSA Club Territories
- Coaching Information
- e-Coaching Login
- Youth Module Field Sessions
- Clinics - Level E or D
- Request Coaching Clinic
- Request Field Session
- View Licensed Coaches
- Bridging the Gender Gap
- How to do my background check
- State Coaching Staff
- Academy Style Training
- Log In to e-Referee
- Referee Contacts
- Latest Ref News
- Referee Development Forms
- Licensed Referees
- Referee Calender
- Sign up to Ref MSA Events
- Report Abuse or Assault
ODP / State Select Info
Goals of ODP (Mississippi's State Select) Program
1.) Provide exposure to College Coaches
2.) Provide high level training to benefit and enhance the development of players
3.) Identify a pool of players in each age group to work toward the US National Team
ODP Tryouts will be held in three zones [north, central, and south) for the 2013-2014 Season. We hope to have enough players to form a team in each age group in each zone; if not we would centralize the trainings. ODP remains one of the best avenues for exposure to top Universities/Colleges and the US National Teams.
Please note that the evaluations will be posted online after the ODP tryouts.
If you have any further questions please email them to:
How the Program Works
1. An Open ODP Tryout/Registration is held to identify players that wish to be involved in the Program. Players are evaluated against a baseline (shown below). Players are expected to use those evaluations to further develop their skills.
Please note: No player may enter the pool without first registering for the tryout event.
2. State Select Player Pools are set to begin training and additional evaluation (if needed). After the tryouts, players enroll for trainings and pay for training sessions that are held over a several month period.
Players can pay a one-time fee or split payments deducted from their credit card monthly over the training period.
Plans are that the training sessions are 2 hours sessions that will be held over the course of the ODP year. Please check back after the pool tryouts are over for more details.
Dates and time of the training sessions (about once a month, mostly in the Jackson area) shall be scheduled by the Coach and Manager and indoor locations have been located in case of inclement weather. We try to have 4 sessions (2 sessions both on Saturday and Sunday) each weekend of trainings to reduce cost and travel for parents.
3. State Select Teams will be selected, in March for additional team specific training and events. There shall be no further fees for training until Regional ODP Camp.
Each player is responsible for their Regional ODP Camp Fees. For the 2013/14 Regional Camp fees will be $625
|Coaches use this scale to evaluate players in the following areas:
The Benefits of Participating in ODP and Mississippi State Select Teams
1. Development as a player. The opportunity to train and play with the best player's in one's age group.
2. Quality instruction from nationally licensed coaches.
3. Quality competition. Games against other state association ODP and State Select teams.
4. Exposure to regional and national team coaches.
5. The opportunity to represent one's state, region, or country in competition.
6. Exposure to college coaches.
QUESTIONS AND/OR COMMENTS
In the event you have any questions and/or comments concerning the ODP/State Select program please contact email@example.com