- Annual Membership Application
- Download Forms
- e-Pass and e-Travel
- Soccer Links
- MSA Event Planning
- Registrar FAQ's
- US Youth Soccer Workshop Presentations
- MSA Club Territories
- Coaching Information
- e-Coaching Login
- Youth Module Field Sessions
- Clinics - Level E or D
- Request Coaching Clinic
- Request Field Session
- View Licensed Coaches
- Bridging the Gender Gap
- How to do my background check
- State Coaching Staff
- Academy Style Training
- Log In to e-Referee
- Referee Contacts
- Lastest Ref News
- Referee Development Forms
- Licensed Referees
- Referee Calender
- Sign up to Ref MSA Events
- Report Abuse or Assault
ODP / State Select Info
Goals of ODP and Mississippi's State Select Program
1.) To identify a pool of players in each age group to work toward the US National Team
2.) To provide high level training to benefit and enhance the development of players
3.) Provide visibility to College Coaches
How the Program Works
1. An Open ODP Tryout/Registration is held to identify players that wish to be involved in the Program. Players are evaluated against a baseline ( shown below). Players can use those evaluations to develop their skills. No player may enter the pool without first registering in the tryout event.
2. State Select Player Pools are set to begin training and additional evaluation, if needed. Players enroll for training and pay for training sessions to be held over a three month period. Players can pay a one time fee or three payments deducted from their credit card monthly. Plans are that there shall be four 2 hours sessions in January, and at least four more 2 hours sessions in February. 18 training sessions have been identified. Training sessions shall be determined by the Coach and Manager. Indoor locations have been located in case of inclement weather.
3. State Select Teams will be selected, in March for additional team specific training and events. There shall be no further fees for training until Regional ODP Camp. Each player is responsible for their Regional ODP Camp Fees.
|Coaches use this scale to evaluate players in the following areas:
The Benefits of Participating in ODP and Mississippi State Select Teams
1. Development as a player. The opportunity to train and play with the best player's in one's age group.
2. Quality instruction from nationally licensed coaches.
3. Quality competition. Games against other state association ODP and State Select teams.
4. Exposure to regional and national team coaches.
5. The opportunity to represent one's state, region, or country in competition.
6. Exposure to college coaches.
QUESTIONS AND/OR COMMENTS
In the event you have any questions and/or comments concerning the ODP/State Select program please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Official Uniform Supplier of Mississippi Soccer Association State Select Teams