- Annual Membership Application
- Download Forms
- e-Pass and e-Travel
- Soccer Links
- MSA Event Planning
- Registrar FAQ's
- US Youth Soccer Workshop Presentations
- MSA Club Territories
- Coaching Information
- e-Coaching Login
- Youth Module Field Sessions
- Clinics - Level E or D
- Request Coaching Clinic
- Request Field Session
- View Licensed Coaches
- Bridging the Gender Gap
- How to do my background check
- State Coaching Staff
- Academy Style Training
- Log In to e-Referee
- Referee Contacts
- Latest Ref News
- Referee Development Forms
- Licensed Referees
- Referee Calender
- Sign up to Ref MSA Events
- Report Abuse or Assault
The Mississippi Soccer Association is a nonprofit organization that represents over 22,000 youth soccer players, 3,000 coaches and 1,000 referees throughout the State of Mississippi. MSA consists of various leagues that register youth players (boys and girls) from ages of 4 through 19 and adult players 20 and older, throughout the state.
It is the mission of the Mississippi Soccer Association to foster the physical, mental, and emotional growth and development of Mississippi’s youth through the sport of soccer at all levels of age and competition. The Mississippi Soccer Association established as a non-profit and educational organization. The Mississippi Soccer Association shall provide the governing structure to administer Youth and Adult soccer in Mississippi and shall provide vehicles to communicate information to players, parents, coaches, referees, and other interested parties.
Mississippi Soccer Association is a member of the United States Youth Soccer Association (USYS) and the official representative of the United States Soccer Federation (USSF) for the State of Mississippi. By affiliation with the Mississippi Soccer Association, players are also affiliated with the USYS and have the opportunity to participate in the following functions:
- All sanctioned tournaments in the United States, Canada and abroad.
- State Cup and President's Cup Competition - which, in turn, can lead to Regional Competition and National Competition.
- Coaches Cup & Kohl's American Cup - unique tournaments that are only open to recreational players.
- Division I Select Program – Mississippi’s elite player program for select players
- State Select Teams Program (ODP): The State Select Teams Program is the first step in moving toward selection for the Regional and National Olympic Development Program teams and the USSF National Youth Teams. ODP is the highest level of youth play in the nation and is regarded by many colleges as their most important avenue for recruiting and providing scholarships.
- Top Soccer Program - which is dedicated to youth athletics with special needs.
- Soccer Start Program - which is designed for the inner city and rural players.
- Insurance Coverage - Players, coaches and assistant coaches are covered under this policy. Also, all League Board of Directors are covered under a $1,000,000.00 liability policy..
- Coaching Certification and License Courses: MSA offers age specific courses for the novice coach at three levels.
- National Youth Module Courses -
- Level 1 for U6 and /U8 coaches
- Level 2 for U8 and U10 coaches
- Level 3 for U12 coaches
- Courses are between 4-6 hours in length and involve both classroom and fieldwork.
- Intermediate course are also offered at three levels - State E & D Levels.
- More advanced courses are offered at the National 'D' and 'C' License levels.
- All instructors are Nationally Licensed and trained.
- Referee Training – various clinics are held over the course of the year for anyone who would like to expand their knowledge and officiate soccer games.
- Various Pamphlets: Free literature and guides are available including 'Welcome to US Youth Soccer', Introductory Rules - Officials Handbook, Referee, Coaches & Parents Guide, Risk Management and more.
Membership in the Association shall be restricted to affiliate Leagues.
The Full Members' obligations are: To complete and submit the following items to the Council for file and/or their approval in accordance with the established deadlines:
- All required KidSafe Disclosure forms
- An organization approved Constitution
- The organization shall have a Board of Directors (or similar body) selected through an open and democratic election process.
- Actions and policies adopted by the Board of Directors (or similar body), or Executive Committee, or Officers of the local organization shall be reported to its membership, with notice and agenda of the meeting at least 15 days in advance of the meeting.
- The local organization shall provide to the Treasurer of Mississippi Soccer Association an annual report on the activities of the association and a current annual financial statement as a part of its member in good standing requirements. The local organization will provide copies of any changes to their Constitution, Bylaws or Playing rules within 90 days of adoption of those changes.
- The local organization will provide equitable and prompt hearing and appeal procedures to guarantee the rights of individuals to compete. These procedures shall follow the hearing and appeals policies set forth in this manual.
- A statement of its territorial boundaries. A member organization may also submit a Boundary Revision request.
- Organization approved team assignment procedures for Division III and II teams
- Current officers list by position with names, mailing addresses, fax, e-mail and telephone numbers (Home and Work)
- The official mailing address for MSA documents. This address must be a permanent Post Office Box or Street Address.
- A statement of intent with a specified registration period to conduct open registrations for all interested children or Amateurs, if the organization sanctions Amateurs in its membership, within the claimed organizational boundaries and to field teams in all playing divisions and age groups where there is sufficient player interest, personnel resources, and facilities. Organizations must publicize spring registration procedures to ensure that all fall registrants are advised of the new season and makes restoring team strength the responsibility of league officials.
- The annual membership fee as determined at the AGM.
- To pay all dues and fees as required herein.
- To obtain player medical insurance through MSA.
- To actively encourage participation of all youth within its claimed territorial boundaries.
- To submit its annual player registrations and team rosters in the MYSA-League Organizer format. MSA will provide each organization the Registration Software with user instructions.
- To send a voting delegate to at least fifty percent (50%) of all Seasonal Year MSA business meetings.
- To furnish annually a minimum of one Mississippi Soccer Association committee member if requested by the President
- To maintain a minimum of four (4) certified referees per one hundred (100) registered players up to a required maximum of twenty (20) per organization. Any organization that does not provide these minimum numbers will be placed on probation. Such an organization shall have one (1) year to correct this violation or face additional MSA action.
- To pay Mississippi Soccer Association all bond and registration fees for all their teams entering any Mississippi Soccer Association sponsored tournament.
- To meet all other established Mississippi Soccer Association Council requirements as outlined in the Mississippi Soccer Association Administrative Manual and other pertinent Mississippi Soccer Association documents such as the periodic newsletter.
- To cast one vote at all membership business meetings.
- To have qualified teams participate in all Mississippi Soccer Association sponsored and sanctioned tournaments.
- To have qualified individuals hold Mississippi Soccer Association Council offices if elected in accordance with the provisions of Mississippi Soccer Association Constitution and Bylaws.
- To participate fully in all Mississippi Soccer Association programs for which the organization is eligible.
- Annual Organizational Membership Fee - $100
- Player Fees for National Memberships, insurance and services
U6, U8 $11.00 U10,U12 $17.00 U14,U16,U19 $20.00 DIV 1 $35.00 DIV II