- Annual Membership Application
- D&O Insurance
- Download Forms
- Soccer Links
- Registrar FAQ's
- MSA Club Territories
Latest Ref News
- Referee Announcement -
MS Referee Association will be hosting a Referee Grade 7 upgrade class on December 3, 2016 at a location to be determined in the Jackson area. This will be the only Grade 7 upgrade class held this soccer year.
If you are interested in upgrading please read the following requirements below:
GRADE 8 REFEREE TO A GRADE 7:
A Grade 8 referee must:
1. Be at least 18 years old.
2. Have been a Grade 8 referee for at least one year.
3. Apply for the Upgrade Program by contacting Scott Hannah, the Coordinator of Referee Advancement at firstname.lastname@example.org and pay the applicable program fee. This is not the class room fee.
4. Have worked a total of 100 games of which at least 25 games must be centers on a U-17 game or higher age group.
5. Successfully pass the USSF Grade 7 Upgrade course. There are no longer assessment and physical testing requirements.
Please note STEP 3 as you must take care of this in a timely manner. Attending this class cannot be a last minute decision as we must prepare in advance.
The cost to apply for the upgrade program is $25 and must be paid by check to MSRA and sent to the following address:
Tim Clements, SRA - Mississippi Soccer Referees Association - 4853 Windsong Cove - Olive Branch, MS 38654
Once you have paid your fee and are entered into the Upgrade Program you should then sign up for the Grade 7 Upgrade Class which will cost $75. You will be sent a code that will allow you to sign up for the class.
Important Referee Policy Change
Effective January 1, 2007 you must be 14 years old to take a Grade 8 Entry Level Referee course. 12 and 13 year old youths may still become referees by taking a Grade 9 (Recreational) Entry Level Referee course. Grade 9 referees may referee (and assistant referee) any recreational level game U-14 and below. There are no limitations for a Grade 8 Referee.
This policy change is seen a positive move in attracting more referees. A Grade 9 course is a one day course whereas a Grade 8 course covers three days. A Grade 9 course is also geared toward the basic elements of officiating which a 12 or 13 year old referee is most likely to see during their first years officiating. It emphasizes the small side games which are played by our U12 and below recreational teams. A Grade 9 referee may take a one day Bridge course to upgrade to Grade 8.
If you have any questions concerning becoming a referee contact Tim Clements, State Referee Administrator at email@example.com.
All Referees, Assessors, Assignors And Instructors 18 Years Old And Older
You must go to the Mississippi Soccer Association web site (www.mississippisoccer.org) and complete a KidSafe Form before your 2015 registration is finalized. Failure to complete this step will result in your registration not being submitted to the United States Soccer Federation and you will not be allowed to officiate.
If you have completed the form because you hold another position within the soccer community (i.e. local officer, coach, assistant coach, etc) you do not have to apply again.
To fill out your online KidSafe form click here. Please note the following recommendations:
- Registration Type - If you hold a position other than Referee select that option. For example, if you coach you should select Coach. If you are an officer of a local league you would select Officer. If you only referee you would select Referee.
- Please complete the questions and select your organization when asked. If you are only a referee, select USSF.
Please contact Tim Clements, SRA (firstname.lastname@example.org) should you have any questions regarding this matter.
Help Strengthen Our Young Referees by Participating in the Mentoring Program
We are asking upper level officials (Grade 7 and above) to select a young referee (Grade 7, 8 or 9) to mentor during the next soccer year. It is designed to be an informal yet informative process where you can be part of the development of one or more of our young referees. Simply click on the link below to register your nominee and begin mentoring them. If you have any questions please email Jose Sanchez, SYRA. Nominate Someone for the Referee Mentoring Program...