Skip to Main Content

The site navigation utilizes arrow, enter, escape, and space bar key commands. Left and right arrows move across top level links and expand / close menus in sub levels. Up and Down arrows will open main level menus and toggle through sub tier links. Enter and space open menus and escape closes them as well. Tab will move on to the next part of the site rather than go through menu items.


THE FOLLOWING GUIDELINES ARE FOR PLAYERS REQUESTING A PRE-SEASON RELEASE OR A RELEASE AFTER BEING ROSTERED TO A MSA TEAM IN ORDER TO PLAY IN ANOTHER STATE :  The exception for this process is players registering pre-season with TN Lobos  - you must contact this local club for the proper procedure. 

Once rostered to a MSA team, all players must follow the guidelines below to be released for play outside of Mississippi, no exceptions.

1. CLICK HERE to Register a Player in Mississippi for Interstate Release or Direct Registration 

2. Download the South Region Interstate Release form

A completed  Regional Interstate Release form must be submitted to the MSA office via fax: 601-420-6054 or scan/e-mail to  


USYS Player Policy Rule 201:




Section 1. A youth player must register each seasonal year in the State Association in which he or she resides with his or her parent or parents or guardian or guardians, or, for a student in residence at a boarding school, college, or university, the player may register in the state in which the boarding school, college, university, or division of the college or university is located. Any other questions of residency may be determined by the State Association in which the player is registered to vote or holds a current driver’s license.

Section 2. (a) Any youth player wishing to play on a team of a member of a State Association other than the State Association where the player is registered, must receive written permission from—

(1) the State Association where the player is registered; and

(2) the other State Association of the team on which the player wishes to play.

(b) Permission must be obtained each seasonal year.

Section 3. A youth player is registered for a seasonal year from the moment the player or the player’s representative executes the registration form and pays the appropriate fees.